Monday, January 9, 2012

The Dr wont take my condition seriously and its making me depressed... Your advice for UK citizen please!?

My opinion is what's the point of attempting to apportion blame - he is only human and flawed. What's important is getting better so save your energy for that. I am a colon hydrotherapist and also do food sensitivity testing. I got into my line of work because of my own health issues. I went to Australia to study when I was at university and on the way went to the Philipines where I got food poisoning. The food poisoning subsided but I was left with diarrhoea. From then on my health slowly deteriorated until I ended up in hospital with a form of toxic shock and a hole in my colon. I recovered from the emergency but my health was poor. I spent years visiting the hospital getting my blood count checked etc but they could never work out what was wrong with me. To cut a long story short I ended up having a food sensitivity test - just out of curiosity not because I thought it would come up with anything. The test indicated that I had multiple sensitivities including wheat, oats, rye, barley and corn. I did the diet (as I had paid my money thought I might as well give it a go). I had been experiencing excruciating joint and muscular pains for a number of years. Within three days of starting the elimination diet I was free of pain. The test also indicated that I was suffering from some vitamin deficiencies which makes sense given how long I had had diarrhoea for. I started taking vitamin supplements seven days into the elimination and within a couple more days the diarrhoea was gone for good. By the end of a month my health was completely restored and I have never looked back. In my experience, there seems to be a link between inflammatory bowel disease and food sensitivities. It's worth giving it a go but you will have to fund it yourself as the tests on the NHS are just too narrow. I recommend Vega ysis - the method does not seem very scientific and the results are amazing. It saved my life! I love this part of my work because it transforms people's lives - gives them their life back often after years of illness. Feel free to mail me if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment